Friday, September 20, 2013

Life and comedy clips

You are moidering the King's English.

My youtube channel is mostly filled with music-related things, but there are a few non-music video clips as well.  I have the same basic approach to uploading comedy clips as I do music clips: if there is a moment that isn't represented on youtube, I want to upload it to at least have it at my disposal.  Generally these will be Seinfeld clips, but I also have some Three Stooges and other things.  Here is my youtube channel for those interested.  Many of those videos I have no intention of on including in this blog, so you can always consult my youtube channel and see what might interest you.  Lately I've been on a bit of an uploading spree which I plan on sharing in another post soon.

I figure after my lengthier post from a couple days ago ago, you all could use a break.  So here's a shorter update about the past few days,  First things first, this coming Monday I will be getting my 100 day scan to determine the current state of my disease (although technically it is only day 82)  Hopefully, it has been nuked into oblivion with all the shit I've been through, but hope by definition makes room for uncertainty.  Doctors hate to speak in absolute terms, with my doctor preferring to use phrases like, "I'm fairly certain the scan will be nothing to worry about."  I trust him, but worry can abound during these landmark medical moments that end up taking an entire day to go through.  To quote E-Town Concrete, "Hope for the best but expect the worst," although to be honest, I expect my results to be good and I am not dwelling on it.  I stole a fistful of surgical masks from the hospital yesterday and then destroyed my fender pulling out of the parking space and cutting the wheel too soon, so hopefully I've experienced enough Karma for now.  A Sunoco guy fixed most of it with a manly tug with his bare hands this morning.
What?  Negative's good?  Oh, yes of course!  
A funny moment occurred earlier this week when my friend Matt was over and we were sitting on my second story porch which overlooks the rear entrance & parking area.  I had my iPad out with us playing a Celtic Frost song, and one of my neighbors was walking below with his young daughter.  He said, "Hey," Matt and I both said, "Hey" back, and I said "Hey" to the little girl.  Then all of a sudden, Tom Warrior from Celtic Frost shouts, "Hey" to complete the greetings.  That moment occurs around :30 in the video below.
The much maligned Cold Lake record, but god damn how good is that verse riff?  

The biggest update....we are getting a dog on Sunday.  1 1/2 year old former Championship brindle Boston Terrier (he said goodbye to doggy showbusiness when his balls got lopped off yesterday).  You can expect plenty of pics once we get him on Sunday.  In the meantime I hate to leave him to your imagination, but it just wouldn't be the same to share him with you guys until he is actually here with us.  I think having a dog is going to do wonders for my mental health, which needs every possible benefit it can get.  My good friend Zack and his wife just got a dog as well, so we can finally do things that people in their late 20s do.
Now I leave you with a few of my favorite Seinfeld moments which I've uploaded onto youtube for the masses to appreciate, or in the case of a few of these clips, perhaps underappreciate.  Have a good weekend and expect lots of cuteness to come by Monday evening.

Classic Kramer doubletake in the Cuban Embassy


Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in



When you're dead, you're dead



And one of my favorite moments from The Maestro...


4 comments:

  1. Yay to a dog!! I got a poodle about 5 months back and my will to live has increased 10-fold. I highly recommend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some of those youtube links got fumbled

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy day +80 babe! Love you (and Figgy!), you're the strongest person I know!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost at 100....before we know it we'll be at the end. I love you babe

      Delete